Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gabe's Seizures


 In February, we began to notice some sudden repetitive movements Gabe was making, and we suspected he might be having seizures.  We took him to Primary Children's neurology clinic for an EEG.  The results turned out to be worse than we had expected.  Gabe's EEG showed very abnormal brain activity known as hypsarrhythmia, which is difficult to stop, and is detramental to the brain.  The neurologist recommended we start him on a high-dose steroid treatment right away in an attempt to normalize Gabe's brain activity.

Posted by PicasaThe family has been praying and fasting for Gabe, and Jared gave him a priesthood blessing.  We are so sad he has to go through another difficult treatment, but we are comforted to know he feels our love and the strength and prayers of those around us.

2 comments:

  1. We will be praying for him and for your family. Our little Tommy just had a big surgery on Tuesday. Before the surgery I read in Mark 5:36 "be not afraid, only believe." I keep repeating the words over and over again and they have brought a lot of comfort. I hope they will to you as well. Heavenly Father works miracles. We will pray for one for your sweet Gabe.
    ~ the Jensons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that same scripture taped onto my hospital bed during the five weeks previous to my twins birth. I am terrible at actually applying it. I guess I need lots of practice. ;)

      Delete